The Vehicle Maintenance Division is responsible for maintaining approximately 1,900 pieces of equipment which include cars, trucks, generators, pumps, tractors, trailers, mowers, dozers, graders, excavators, transit buses, fire trucks, police units, boats,
utility service aerial trucks, flushers, tankers, street sweepers, fork lifts, tub grinder, ATVs and other specialized equipment.
This department has a centralized operation that serves as a hub to all the end-users and units that are serviced. The Division performs in excess of 5,400 preventive maintenance functions and more than 10,000 unscheduled equipment repairs annually on
Primary Operating Functions:
- Prepare and develop specifications for Fleet/Equipment to be bid out for purchase
- Administer a preventative maintenance program for the LCG Fleet/Equipment
- Maintain a Fleet/Equipment Parts Inventory
- Perform parts procurement for vehicles and equipment
- Perform and oversee all Fleet/Equipment Repairs
- Coordinate and oversee Paint and Body repairs for the Fleet/Equipment
- Operate and Maintain two gasoline/diesel fueling stations and one CNG station
- This division is also responsible for the compliance of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations in regards to the underground storage tanks.
- Operate and Maintain a Small Engine Mechanic Shop
- Perform and Maintain Fleet/Equipment Maintenance Records
- Prepare Retired Vehicles for Public Auction