Hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30. It is best to be prepared before a hurricane is forecasted.
For a hurricane preparation checklist, click here.
STAY UP-TO-DATE DURING STORMS
During storms, stay up-to-date with road closures, curfews, sandbag information, etc., by visiting Lafayette Consolidated Government’s website, www.lafayettela.gov, following Lafayette Consolidated Government’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/lafayetteconsolidatedgovernment, or by visiting the 311 Lafayette Portal, www.311lafayette.services.
*Dial 311 to report LUS Outages and Street Flooding and Drainage Issues
- Option 1 – LUS Power and Water Outages
- Option 2 – LUS Fiber Outages
- Option 3 – Street Flooding and Drainage Issues
*Should 311 become overloaded:
- Dial 291-9200 for power outages
- 291-5700 for downed power lines or other electrical issues
SLEMCO Power Outages
State Police – Report Roadway Emergencies
Dial *LSP (*577) on your cell phone or call 800-469-4828
Dial 511 (or 888-ROAD-511) use the “Louisiana 511” app, or visit 511la.org for continual updates about weather-related road conditions, road closures and other travel information.
ALERT NOTIFICATION APPS
- Connect Lafayette- Residents are encouraged to sign up for alerts through Connect Lafayette. This service will share important information and updates from Lafayette Consolidated Government. Alerts include both emergency and non-emergency announcements specific to areas where residents live, such as sandbag information, road closures, construction, public works projects, special events, and more.
Residents who live outside Lafayette Parish, but work in the parish, can opt-in to receive alerts as well.
Sign up at lafayettecityparish.bbcportal.com.
- NOAA Weather Radar Live- Real-time radar images and severe weather alerts
- Way to Geaux App- The app provides drivers with around the clock, real-time traffic notifications and road condition updates. Set your destination and the app will automatically send alerts to your smartphone while traveling on interstates, U.S., and state highways.
- Alert FM App- ALERT FM aggregates state and local emergency alerts and messages, including National Weather Service warnings, evacuation information, and homeland security notices.
- Red Cross Hurricane App- ALERT FM aggregates state and local emergency alerts and messages, including National Weather Service warnings, evacuation information, and homeland security notices.
Dial 211 or visit louisiana211.org
- Call 211 for disaster resources. Specialists are available 24/7 before, during and after the storm. Services are multilingual and are accessible to the hearing impaired.
- Callers can access disaster information about food, clothing shelters, special needs, evacuation routes, transportation assistance, crisis counseling, prescription assistance, missing persons post disaster, rebuilding assistance and more.
American Red Cross, Acadiana Chapter, Lafayette
United Way of Acadiana, Lafayette
Disaster Relief, 233-8302
Second Harvest Food Bank