Mayor-President Guillory Opting-in to Resume Indoor Service at Lafayette Parish Bars
Feb 24, 2021, 16:54 PM by Claire Regan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 24, 2021
MAYOR-PRESIDENT GUILLORY OPTING-IN TO RESUME INDOOR SERVICE AT LAFAYETTE PARISH BARS
Lafayette Parish falls below 5% COVID-19 positivity rate for two consecutive weeks
Lafayette, LA – Lafayette Mayor-President Josh Guillory notified Governor John Bel Edwards in a letter Wednesday afternoon that Lafayette Parish is opting-in pursuant to Proclamation Number 17 JBE 2021. This will allow bars in the Parish to open for on-premises, indoor consumption at the full extent authorized by the Governor’s current proclamation. Bars allowed to open under the order must adhere to the following restrictions:
- Bars may reopen and offer tableside service only. Standing and bar service will be prohibited.
- Indoor capacity shall be limited to a 25% occupancy rate or 50 people, whichever is less.
- Outdoor capacity shall be limited to 50 people and only for tableside service.
- Tables shall be spaced in accordance with the State Fire Marshal’s social distancing guidelines.
- Service and sales of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption shall only occur between the hours of 8 A.M. and 11 P.M.